9A Baymeadows Regional Park - Wrapping Up the $300k Fields Refurbishment
As of September 2017, the field renovations are wrapping up on the field refurbishment at the 9A/Baymeadows Regional Park. At this point, signage has been installed directing park users to stay off newly installed sod while the grass takes hold and rooted. Below is the description of work that has been completed on this project:
The two (2) fields will be:
- Sprayed to Kill the Turf/Weeds -Complete
- Rototilled and Laser Graded (soil added to achieve proper drainage) - Complete
- New Irrigation System Installation - Complete
- Laser Graded (fine grading) - Complete
- Install Bermuda Sod - Complete
- Fertilization and Pest Control- (For 1 year after field is completed)
Below are the remaining work items to complete for the project:
- Remove the weeds that have grown on the field - Complete
- Final sheet grade the fields - Complete
- Make final irrigation connections - Complete
- Lay sod on the field - Complete
- Allow the root system to establish – In Progress
The 9A/Baymeadows field refurbishment was part of the 2015 accomplishment of CM Becton in getting monies appropriated for District 11 and this regional park. This project was made possible by a matching grant of $100,000 by the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars Foundation.
Also approved and being installed will be a 4Ft high fence surrounding the fields to help protect the field from vandalism and over-use by regulating play. This fence installation should be occurring in the later part of 2017.
See full gallery of Pics in the Photo Gallery of this web site.
Posted on Sat, September 30, 2017
by Carol D'Onofrio